105. The _____ river water goes 450 kilometres out to sea.
A. pure B. new C. sweet D. fresh
104. There are no big cities in the world _____ air pollution.
A. with B. without C. except D. besides
103. The Open University would be started in order to help those who _____ having a university education when they were young.
A. stopped B. failed C. passed D. missed
102. What do you think would be the _____ of the ring, if I were to sell it?
A. worth B. cost C. value D. price
101. The house was sold for $60,000, which was far more than its real _____.
A. cast B. price C. worth D. value
100. He fell in love with her at first _____.
A. scene B. sight C. look D. sign
99. In this broadcast we’ll study the _____ of music.
A. sound B. rule C. language D. voice
98. He won’t _____ to buy some bread unless I tell him again.
A. remind B. realize C. remember D. forget
97. The rising _____ of living is as hard on country families as on city families.
A. price B. cost C. increase D. food
96. Many kinds of _____ animals are disappearing or have already disappeared from the earth.
A. tame B. unfriendly C. wild D. large